Saturday, July 2, 2011

There's something Fishy going on -- Operation Write Home 4th of July Weekend Virtual Cardmaking Party

Welcome to Operation Write Home 4th of July Weekend Virtual Cardmaking Party!  Woot woot!!  I'm excited to get to be a part of the card challenges.





Click on the above to go to the Stars and Stamps Blog to be linked to the challenges.


My challenge is for you to make a card with a fishbowl on it.  Here is my sample:

















My fish bowl is from the Animal Kingdom cricut cartridge.  I cut the shadow feature in black cardstock, the fishbowl in yellow and the water in blue.  The blue cardstock was ran through the cuttlebug to be embossed with little dots for more texture.  The grass and the fish came from the Everyday Paper Dolls cricut cartridge.  The fishbowl is cut at 3.5 inches.  The grass cut is 1 inch, the fish are 1 and 1.25 inches.  I added detail to the fish with a white gel pen.

The Best Fishes sentiment is from My Pink Stamper.  The background paper is old Doodlebug paper I have in my stash. 

I have blog candy!!  One lucky participant will win piggy tales shape chipboard and 2 cuttlebug embossing folders.  Be sure to check back on Monday to see who is our lucky winner winner!




I hope you have as much fun making your fishbowl card as I had making mine!  I'm looking forward to seeing your creativity!



19 comments:

  1. Wow, not a fish bowl in the house, lol. Need to put on my creative hat for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fGee...these challenges are really making me use my brain. I don't think I have anything for fish bowls or even fish! Think...think...think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fish bowls for me either....ummm....darn I got nothing. Ok inspiration wall HIT ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh... I love cuttlebug stuff... this is fun! It's sort of like a treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my card it sucks... maybe I will find something better later. Then again I am leaving for some errands soon and will start to fall behind in the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid that I didn't read the directions very well. I didn't see the fishBOWL part. I'm hoping you'll allow me a very large fishbowl - the pond the little boy is fishing in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so fun, Sheila! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was an awesome challenge! I didn't even realize there was a fishbowl on the Animal Kingdom cart. Made me use a cart I hadn't used in awhile! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son came thru looked at my card shook his head and said "when did you start doing Corny cards?" It's all I could come up with, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had fun making the fish bowl card. Thank you for the idea. I love fish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I didn't have a fishbowl stamp or die--I really felt challenged. Thanks for the stretch! I finally got something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this challenge and plan to make several more such cards. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the fun challenge! I have made some other fish bowl cards in the past, with different techniques...1 I covered the bowl with Crystal effects or diamond glaze to make it appear to be real glass(wanted to do it this time, but I am running low :()
    2...the hair gel in the baggie technique
    and 3...not so much a technique but to be bizarre, and I did "piranha no like kitty" LOL with a few little fish in the bowl, and some pieces of a cat image that i cut up, I think I had 1 leg the tail and the head floating in there, LOL! I like your card, especially the textured water.
    Thanks again,
    Susan

    ps...you were supposed to turn off word verification

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was quite a challenge. I had no fish bowl or fish cartridge, stamp or even stickers!! Thanks though..it was fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for being and OWH party host this weekend and posting this fun challenge. You definitely got me on a treasure hunt for a fishbowl image in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun challenge. Thanks for your involvement in OWH.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Thanks for your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...