Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wreaths


Earlier this month I went on a four day crafting retreat in Ohio.  While I was there I made these two wreaths for my Grandma to hang on her door.



This wreath I first saw on pinterest and decided that I could easily do that!  It's a styrofoam wreath.  I cut red, white and blue felt into 2 inch squares.  I folded each square twice, then I pinned the felt to the wreath.  I did this over and over and over and over again until it filled started to fill in.  My stars were cut using the Cricut then glued to the felt using a glue gun.  It turned out fabulous!  





There was no inspiration for this wreath, it came from me!  I used light and dark green, white and pink felt.  Same as above, cut the felt into 2 inch squares, double folded and pinned onto the wreath.  The flowers were made using the Cricut (Art Philosophy cartridge).  I made the flowers three different sizes.  I inked the edges before I folded them.  I started with the four big flowers then filled in with felt and more flowers from there.  This wreath took me about 8 hours to make but was worth every minute once my Grandma told me how much she liked it.  =)

Have an awesome day!
Sheila

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I may try something like this. I work for the Election's Office in our county and we have a lot of Red White and Blue around. This would make a great addition! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Thanks for your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...