Thursday, January 12, 2012

Theme Day Thursday-- Laundry

Today is Theme Day Thursday at Erica's Craft Room.  Today's theme is laundry.  While I'm not a big fan of laundry, I am a fan of creating a scene.  I had this scene instantly come to mind.




My card base is 6x6.  I started by stamping my palm tree trunks, then the palm leaves.  I used two different colors of green to stamp my leaves, angled differently each time.  The palm tree stamp set is from The Stamps of Life.  Next I stamped my Cowboy stamp (stamp is from Rubbernecker stamps).  I colored my cowboy and the palm tree trunks with copic markers.  I used Non-Smear Pastels chalk to make my grass and my sky.

My laundry line was made using the Country Life Cricut cartridge.  I cut the blackout feature of the laundry line at 2 inches.  I then cut the layers only, also at 2 inches.  I glued twine down to represent the laundry line. I used stickles to make my "clothes pins".

Thanks for looking!  Be sure to visit Erica's Craft room to see more projects with today's theme.

Have an awesome day!
Sheila

16 comments:

  1. Bahaha! This is such a stinkin' cute card! Love it!

    Your DT sister,

    Cori

    www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable love that clothesline it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! This is so stinkin' cute! TFS, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to picture him wearing some of those clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Looks like something I would see on my home!!! LOL. Pattie McGinnis

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card! I HAVE to get this cartridge! Great job on the background too.
    fellow dt sis
    www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Love the guy in th tub with the clothes line behind him. TFS
    TTZfN from a new follower. dpookybear at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the clothes line looks on your background! Very Cute

    Laurie Mince

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila,
    This card is fantastic!!! Love the cowboy and the clothespins!!
    Your DT Sister,
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is way too cute "rubbernecker stamps" made me giggle! TFS
    Gloria C

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stinkin cute

    Your DT sister

    Jenn Lorist

    ReplyDelete
  12. u are so creative and your stamping is amazing I would like to learn a lot from u!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you incorporated yor stamps with the cricut cut:-) TFS.

    ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Thanks for your feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...